Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bradley Pultz

Discosoma fragging

10 posts in this topic

Ive never actually fragged one before but i picked up a $5 mushroom and was wanting to try my hand at fragging it Ive been reading and watched several videos but if any of you had tips id love to hear them0dfcb331308843b79fcacea349c369c0.jpg(the mushroom in question)

I'd take a razor blade and cut it a few times. Shrooms like that are hard to kill.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Ok just get a clean razor blade or exacto knife. You might want to have rubbers gloves on and or eye protection.

Take frag out of tank and slice it into a few pieces like you would a pizza. Each piece will need a part of the mouth to survive. I would suggest just making one cut down the middle so you end up with 2 pieces (since its your first time fragging).

Put the pieces in a low flow area in a container with lots of small rubble pieces and don't mess with them for 2 weeks. After that they should have attached to rubble pieces and you can do whatever you want with them.

Thats one of several ways to do it. Good luck/ have fun.

Thanks :). I only planned on going in half because im cautious but i figured this is good learning one because now that i have a few ive really started to like them more Theres some really cool ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah like everyone else has said, they are super easy. Before you know it, you'll be trying to get rid of some.

I have seen this done before and it always works just cut through the middle and try to get the center, but I personally just let them grow and before you know you have plenty,

in the past 1 can turn into 5 or 6 in about a year in my tank, and currently the same I have a few different kind that just keep multiplying.

Update: so i cut all 3 in half that night and theyve now multiplied into 7 (one tore and a baby formed).

Update: so i cut all 3 in half that night and theyve now multiplied into 7 (one tore and a baby formed).

Well done!

Thanks. Really glad i tried it. Also in the process may have started an addiction. I really want more mushrooms now lol

Thanks. Really glad i tried it. Also in the process may have started an addiction. I really want more mushrooms now lol

Its pretty much a rabbit hole. I started out fragging mushrooms as well. Just wait.