Ryan M

A note from the club President

10 posts in this topic

Hey everyone -

First and foremost, I want to thank everyone that has personally reached out to me via text, call and PM through the website. I know I've been away from here for quite some time and I've finally found the time and energy to sit down and let you all know what's going on.

After the Food Seminar back a few months ago, I went on a hiatus. Not trying to make excuses or find sympathy, but my personal life took front row and the club and other hobbies were back burner while I dealt with life. As many know, I am really passionate about reef keeping, more so, with the well-being of NVR as a whole. But early this year I found out a close family member was diagnosed with cancer. The cancer was so far progressed, that the doctors weren't sure how things would of turned. In those months, I've driven my cousin to the Bay Area and here locally for his chemo treatments and operations. Not having formal insurance, we've been helping him with costs while trying to stay positive about the whole crappy situation. My cousin is currently off of chemo and taking it easy at home daily. My heart there with him 24/7 as we battle this bastardest thing.

In amidst all of this, I had started a new career late last year and adjusting to my new role. As anyone can imagine. A new job is exhausting in itself. Learning new systems, new operations and the people... and the kicker to all this chaos. My daughter has hit her final months of High School. So had prom, Senior Night, Senior Dinners, cheer meetings, recitals, college applications and now her graduation and graduation trip planned. Oh...forgot to mention going to all the Open Houses/Campus Days at the Colleges she plans on attending my off days. From NorCal to SoCal with trips to Arizona. It's been a hell of a last few months. 

So in all of that. I've been away and I do thank you all for your concerns. There was an attempt on a Frag Swap when I first initially posted. Unfortunately, the new venue I had booked, backed out just when I was about to make the post. That really put a damper on my whole plan and I pretty much walked away discouraged since I had so much on my plate at the current time.

My plan now if to hopefully set something up for this year and at least get a couple meetings done at minimum. I can't make any promises at the moment, but just know I will try when I have the energy and time. If anyone that actually read all of this wants to step up. Please don't mind hitting me up. I'm not saying I'm stepping down. But if someone with more time wants to give an interim shoot at running the club, I wouldn't be opposed of it either. If not, just bare with me and hope for the better.

Anyway, thanks for reading this and hope this answers some peoples questions.

-Ryan

As you know I am willing to do whatever it takes to help the club so let me know what I can do to help.

Hi Ryan, So sorry to hear the bad news.  I'm glad there is some good, too.  Please, let me know how I can help!  Thanks, Joey

Hang in there Ryan! Life happens, everyone certainly understands that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope everything settles down for you and it smooth sailing for a while.

I hope things will start to settle down for you soon. Praying for you and your family Ryan.

I'm always willing to help out with the club if needed.

Count me in to Ryan. I hope all turns out for the better. Hang in there bud. I will contact you.

Hang in there bud!

So sorry to hear about your cousin. I will add him to my cancer prayer list.