Ryan M

Random thoughts...happenings

I haven't posted on this forum for almost a year. Since I'm off of work till Monday, I'm just catching up and browsing. The force is calling.

Found my dream tank, http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2592783 , but my wife would probably kill me if I disappear for a couple of days trying to pick it up. One can still dream... 

d2c5ec639ea96c54e2e19fab63e32557.jpg

15f8cfd61d11544959914eb0e733aca4.jpg

Edited by vulteiv1

I haven't posted on this forum for almost a year. Since I'm off of work till Monday, I'm just catching up and browsing. The force is calling.

Found my dream tank, http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2592783 , but my wife would probably kill me if I disappear for a couple of days trying to pick it up. One can still dream... 

d2c5ec639ea96c54e2e19fab63e32557.jpg

15f8cfd61d11544959914eb0e733aca4.jpg

Vince we must have the same taste in tanks. I've been following that tank on so cali for a while. Can't believe no one has picked it up.

6 hours ago, Diamond Jack said:

Its great to see a lot a familiar names popping up on the forum again. Aparrantly a lot of us got out around the same time. Also apprantly the itch to get back in has popped up at around the same time. To those people. Welcome back!

Heck yeah! I was just thinking that this morning when I seen Vince post. Even Disco Myke paid us a visit. 

For real, I've been following that thread for a while. Can't believe no one socal picked it up yet.

Pull the trigger. NVR road trip to LA

Decided to go bigger tank, had to scrap vortech plan for a while since my build is like f35 program over budget. Premium aquatics has hydors for pretty low right now. Picked up 2 magnum 7's.

Decided to go bigger tank, had to scrap vortech plan for a while since my build is like f35 program over budget. Premium aquatics has hydors for pretty low right now. Picked up 2 magnum 7's.

What size you looking at now?

I'm going to go with the Red Sea Reefer 525xl. I couldn't get it out of my head and don't want to regret getting the smaller tank. Initially when I started planning my build it was like a 50 gallon cube. Things progressed quickly from there. Its still going to be a while until I have all my gear together. I keep waiting and trying to snag things off my list when they are on sale. Someone nees to put reef octopus stuff on sale so I can snag a varios.

I'm going to go with the Red Sea Reefer 525xl. I couldn't get it out of my head and don't want to regret getting the smaller tank. Initially when I started planning my build it was like a 50 gallon cube. Things progressed quickly from there. Its still going to be a while until I have all my gear together. I keep waiting and trying to snag things off my list when they are on sale. Someone nees to put reef octopus stuff on sale so I can snag a varios.

Go big or go home!

13 hours ago, Diamond Jack said:

What all equipment do you need? 

Howdy Jeff. Getting there. Here is what I still need to get running. Other than tank setup.

Return pump (900-1500gph)

Reef keeper lite

2 150-200w heaters

tank cover

bulbs

Planning of varios 5 return pump (unless Will says otherwise)

and advanced acrylics cover.

On Wed Dec 07 2016 at 5:22 AM, planecrazy said:

I was lurking during the exodus then joined a couple weeks later. That was an exciting time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll keep an eye out for those. 

Ordering tank and the rest of my gear today!

Right on bro. Can't wait to see it up and running.

9 hours ago, Diamond Jack said:

Ordering tank and the rest of my gear today! emoji847.pngemoji119.pngemoji898.png

Yay! Congratulations. Now comes that annoying waiting-for-it-to-arrive part. Always seems like forever! The Red Sea packing crate is amazing. It's like some super-geek engineer figured out how to put all the parts in like some giant rubik's cube. 

Hope everyone stays dry and safe out there. It's gonna be an ugly wet week.

Great time to double check those fail safes and battery backups on the tank as well. I'm pretty sure there's going to be a few power outages.

Well it's that time of year again when I'm using my super glue for fragging to glue up all the dry splits in my fingers.

Well it's that time of year again when I'm using my super glue for fragging to glue up all the dry splits in my fingers.

If you havent tried it already bag balm works wonders. I use it on my heals because they crack really bad this time of year

http://www.target.com/p/vermont-s-original-bag-balm-skin-salve-8-oz/-/A-50325531?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&CPNG=PLA_Health+Beauty+Shopping&adgroup=SC_Health+Beauty_Top%20Performers&LID=700000001170770pgs&network=g&device=m&location=9032251&gclid=COjzkb_B4NECFVy4wAodmckBxQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

Should finally have the tank filled today. Only had to make water after work for 5 day! Should have come up with a better plan to make 125g of ro/di. Making it on the go and dumping it in the tank 4 gallons at a time was not the best plan. Fingers crossed for no leaks!

Bro I'm having the same problem. Really bad this year.