Quik Z06

Looking for Chaeto for high phosphate issue

As the title states, I've got high phosphates. Registering at 10ppm even after my water change. Removed 90% of the sand and caused a mini cycle again. Luckily no ammonia is registering but have some nitrites. The phosphates is the worst of the issue. I've noticed a difference in my corals not being very happy. Polyps actually closing and turning white. Last time I used PhosGuard, it had adverse reactions in the tank. So I'm looking for some Chaeto before getting gouged at the LFS. Let me know what you have and how much. Thanks in advance.

I live in Merced and got some trimming to do.  A free small bag if you want some...

Phosguard is not a good idea it is basically aluminum, not really good for a reef. Aluminum breaks down in the water, only way to get rid of it is a water change. Go with Phoseban of some other GFO the iron in it will not harm the reef, macro algae and some other things will absorb some of the iron. 

I just shut down a tank the other day and I gave a gallon bag full for you. Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

That sounds great! When would be a good time to come pick it up? Also where from lol?

Those levels of phosphate are really high. maybe if you find the source and with some water changes you can ring those levels down. Are you using rodi water?

Full ro/DI water. Assuming the phos is leeched into the rocks from overfeeding before.

whats your Tds coming out of your rodi

It was very nice to meet you today and always a pleasure seeing others tanks. Almost made me want to get another hippo. Almost lol. My green wrasse enjoyed the bit I put in the tank. Swam around in and out of it.

As for TDS from the RO/DI I'm getting 0.