Guest Guntert

Yellow tang

Guest Guntert

I had this tang for 3 days. The white line was not there yesterday. .. any ideas?Posted Image

Posted Image

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

All yellow tangs can display that line. Not sure what it means, would have to look it up. My yellow tangs shows that line usually only at night just before the lights go out or in the morning.

All yellow tangs can display that line. Not sure what it means, would have to look it up. My yellow tangs shows that line usually only at night just before the lights go out or in the morning.

+1

Guest Guntert

Hmn ok thanks.... I should have just pm u. I knew u would know

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Both of mine do this. It's more like a camouflage technique I think they do it when they're trying to hide or are stressed. It's actually normal for them. Since he said it's new it's most likely because of the fact that it's just getting used to the tank and trying to find a nice sleeping spot.

Both of mine do this. It's more like a camouflage technique I think they do it when they're trying to hide or are stressed. It's actually normal for them. Since he said it's new it's most likely because of the fact that it's just getting used to the tank and trying to find a nice sleeping spot.

+1 mine does it too. If spooked or first thing when lights come on.

Mine does it as well and it is almost always when the lights are mostly atinic, once the moon light levels come on the line goes away. The big thing to watch for with the yellow tangs is red splotches on their bellies and eventually the rest of their bodies. It is an early warning sign of other problems almost like a canary in a coal mine, the red spots how up hopefully before you have other issues. In my case my Ph had fallen dramatically which caused the bacteria infection in the tang (Red Blotches). I brought the Ph up and within day the Tang had cleared up. They can respond to stresses by breaking out like that although it is not always a sure thing ;) 

Just a little more Yellow Tang fun :P