box209

Grow out questions

18 members have voted

1. 1. I would prefer to spend ________ on this growout.

• 0-$10
    • $11-$20
    • $21-30
    • $30+

Have we decided on a coral. How do we all get the same coral and size?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

It hasn't been decided. If you are counting heads. You record how many heads you are starting out with. If we are counting the size, you record the size that you are starting out with. All depends on what coral is being grown.

Chalice and SPS grow outs are more expensive the nicer they are, we would have to charge more per person and there would be less coral pieces for the grow out. You all might want to share what your willing to spend on a grow out frag, that will help us on the bod figure out the max we should spend on it. 

I would guess...

If you guys want a meh frag figure $20 a person

If you guys want something nicer its probaly $30-50

Acans and Chalice frags are probably the most expensive depending on what we want.

Sps and Zoas would be less

I would rather pay more ($30-40) and have something I want in the tank. I really liked the last zoas, and the growout acan is my fav growout so far. The sps have never really colored up for me.  

I would guess...

If you guys want a meh frag figure $20 a person

If you guys want something nicer its probaly $30-50

Acans and Chalice frags are probably the most expensive depending on what we want.

Sps and Zoas would be less

I would rather pay more ($30-40) and have something I want in the tank. I really liked the last zoas, and the growout acan is my fav growout so far. The sps have never really colored up for me.

+1 on the pricing and would like to have something I really want...

When are you guys planning this. I've been waiting for the next grow out contest to contribute.

after the swap

Can we add a poll to this post on what people would be willing to spend maybe?

What categories

Can we add a poll to this post on what people would be willing to spend maybe?

Added a poll for you brother, you have to use a web browser to vote not tapatalk. 

I voted to. I won't be able to spend a lot, hopefully I can do a chalice. Never tried one yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

SPS can be a pain, sometimes they just die even tho another one right next to it, grows and is happy as can be.

I'm currently irritated with sps, I'm not buying or trading for any other sps frags until I get a doser.

SPS can be a pain, sometimes they just die even tho another one right next to it, grows and is happy as can be.

I've had the same issues. Some seem to do ok, a good number look dead and then come back, and some just up and die for no reason. Granted I'm not the best on keeping up with my dosing.

Any progress on getting this going

We are in the works of getting something :)

I keep my tank rock stable and yet sometimes I will lose one, sucks, but I have come to terms with it. Millies for some reason seem to give me fits, the polyps will be out and I will lose tissue on the tips.

I've had the same issues. Some seem to do ok, a good number look dead and then come back, and some just up and die for no reason. Granted I'm not the best on keeping up with my dosing.

Any progress on getting this going

heck yeah, just trying to see what we can put together to have a lot of participants

We can always do 2 colonies and people can choose one or the other they want to participate in. Like a chalice and an acro. Suits more people's wants and makes sure everyone gets a chance to participate.

it is funny you would mention that... it is on the table, just seeing what we can find in everyone's comfort zone for budget.

Whoa whoa.....calm down Don lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk