norcalhkr

Chalice Grow Out Registration

Okay folks its time again to see who has the magical touch when it comes to growing Chalices  :yahoo: 

This thread will serve as registration for our next growout contest. The club will be growing out frags of Echinophyllia aspera from Unique Corals. 

From Scott, here is his description of the chalice "an unusual texture and a slight pinkish cast against a blue-green skeleton. they have great potential and will only get more colorful from here."

All of the frags have been cut and healed for some time and should be pretty close in size

Scott-Club-2-June-17-2014.jpg

1. You must be a contributing member to participate.

2. To participate, you must post your intent in this thread and paypal $15 to treasurer@nvreefers.org as a gift.

3. All participants must PM Norcalhkr to make arrangements to get there frag.

4. All participants must provide monthly updates with photos in the thread created for contest updates by the 7th of each month.

5. All participants must agree to never sell or trade frags from this specific colony (honor system), however they may be included in the frag swaps. The colony you grow out as a participant is yours to keep.

6. The winner will be determined by the increase in the number of Eyes as a percentage of the starting number; however we might switch to size if people feel it is more equitable.

7. The winner for the contest will be asked to write a short write-up about their tank and will receive a $50 gift card to the sponsor of their choice.

8. The BOD reserves the right to edit these rules at any time by majority vote of the BOD.

The maximum number of participants will be 15. If we have more than 15 members who wish to participate, we will begin an alternate list for unclaimed frags, if we are able to get more frags from Unique Corals we will increase the number of spots. This contest will run for 15 months ending 09/30/2015.

Registration for the contest is now officially open and will continue until the frags have all been claimed or until July 7, 2014 - whichever occurs first. Frags not claimed by July 7 will be offered to alternates.

Anyone who becomes a contributing member before registration ends may participate.

List of Participants

•  Norcalhkr
  •  Neil
  •  Guntert
  •  Steve LaJoie
  •  Algae Farmer
  •  Braver69
  •  Vang
  •  Box209
  •  Will846
  •  Grizfyrfyter
  •  S_Luark
  •  Mate209
  •  Foxsavage
  • Wright4941
  • WIP

Alternates

•  DerekFF
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

RED Means Paid

Guest Guntert

Not good with chalices but I would like to try... sending pm and payment now

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

I'll go down as an alternate to start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are getting close to filling all of the spots, I will be in touch with Scott tomorrow to see if we can bump up the number of spots

If there is more room Id love to be in.

You got the last spot, we are seeing if we can open a few more too

OK, we are keeping the registration at 15 for now however we will be receiving 18 frags so if you would like to still join please jump on the alternate list. We expect all the frags will make it which will let is do all 18 but just in case we are holding those last 3 to ensure everyone who signed up first gets in should 1 or 2 not make the journey.

Also the pick up date has changed to align with the changes to the group buy. the shipment will be after the 4th due to the extension, once scheduled I will let everyone know.