Ok So this is My Big Build that I started a few months back and I have been slowly getting the parts and pieces together. Break down: It is a 150 Gal DT and a 55 Gal Sump. it will be mostly Corals and a few Fish. Deep Sand bed (bc I like the Look). Custom Stand I have been finishing the Final wood working on getting molding and everything on.

I do have some Questions Still as to how much Flow from just drain and Pump I will need. My LFS had some recommendations about flow and what size bulkhead to use but it seemed low on flow. I was looking at doing (2) 1" Drain Bulkheads to the Sump and (1) 1" Return Line Back to the DT with a pump that was rated for about 1200-1500 GPH. Do I need more Drain or less and will the pump Be Big enough?

Design is Simple One Drain In each Corner of the Rear Panel and the return either in the center or off to one of the sides of the tank (I don't know yet what side of the Sump the pump will Be)

Edited by Mark Fagundes

I actually went against the "conventional" designs on plumbing I have a single 2" overflow with 1 1" return line in each corner of the tank I have 2 return pumps rated at 1300 gph which are both hooked up to a hydor korlia wave maker which is set to return water for 10 seconds from each pump on an alternating pattern

If this sounds like an option you would like to know more about your free to come check out my tank anytime it's a similar build

125 dt with a 75 gallon sump/refugium

A quick Shot of what I was working on last night. LOL Painting the back blue and getting the Molding installed then to pain the whole thing White to match the house.

post-712-0-25314300-1405010343_thumb.jpg

Well Just went through and ordered up a Few things to get the pluming kicked off ( holes saws and Guide) finished up my girls Projects so now its back to working on mine. (build a Chicken Coop) what is a good  pump submersible pump to feeds a 1" return line with (2) 1" drains?

Well looks like its going to be tank drilling tonight!! just checked my tracking number and its out for delivery this morning. I will try and make a video of the process.

Nice. Just make sure you have water constantly where you drill and you should be good. Tripple check position before you drill.

Also let the drill do the drilling no pressure applied.

Edited by mate209

That worked out really well, I would have been nervous as heck trying to drill a tank.

Yeah. Idk if we are alowed to say where we got products so if so take this post down. But I went to glass-holes.com and bought their 45mm diamond hole saw and the suction guide with bearings. It was great to get the hole started and finished but I took it off about half way through and free hand it for the rest of the way. The hardest part was finding out if it was tempered or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's ok to post where you got stuff from. Usually only the bottom panes are tempered on larger aquariums unless custom built.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well its been almost 2 Years since I visited this Build and it looks like I will be getting to finish it after all the 75 DT will be coming down and this beast will be taking its place.

i'm skinning the stand in Oak veneer and molding accent pieces. and painting it black and white. going to run the Kessils over it I might get 1-2 more just have to see. I will at some point be having synergy reef build a sump. how the lay out will be is till unknown. might be having to bring in a few friends to help with the Rock scape. well hope to have more work done on it tonight!!!:lol:

12800139_1114130568627421_2161455281694146991_n.jpg

so the Emaco Is ordered so now I can start planning the Rock scape!! the picture is the scape im going to Shoot For!!.

19876D81-AFD8-4BD4-A2F9-90713797819B_zpsegfwgaqe.jpg

I knew my ball park beer cups would come in handy for something other than keeping a score card fr how many beers we drank!???. Starting to take shape think I'm going to need more rock.

image.jpeg