thanks im loving the rock work and I have 2 eels now in the tank and they are right at home. that was one thing that I forgot to show was the rock structure was hollow to a point with path ways and PVC built in the structure to allow fish, water and eels to freely live and swim in the structure. yes it is a Trigger I'm not quite sure on it yet... the filter sock section kind of peeved me off that it just a false floor I thought it was glued down... its not, so when it starts flowing hard when I ramp up the return pump the floor starts to float and water just bypasses the sides under the edges instead of being pushed through the socks.. I'm kind of getting buyers remorse that I just didn't spend the extra $150 and get the Synergy sump.<_<

Just have to keep the flow down a bit so you dont have to worry about it bypassing the socks. Looks nice tho.

So A Little Update I Am Creeping up n 8 months ish on this build. as always still not done with it. lol. still playing with the flow since the size and the sand I decided to go with (very fine). I did finally hook up my dual Carbon and GFO Reactor. Still looking to get a Dosing System, APEX, TURF Algae Scrubber, possibly a 3rd Kessil if not try out the New Philips Reef Light !!!:o I have been Fighting Cyano for most of the time the tank has been up. gone through about 3-4 mini Crashes lost a few larger colonies but I will get there. I Did lose my Big Snowflake eel for what ever reason it just didn't want to eat no mater what food I put in front of him.

New fish on my List to Add:

Diamond Goby

Powder Brown Tang

Anthias

Firefish

Inverts I need to add:

Astrea Snails

There he is!! Sucks to hear you're still getting the build all buttoned up and lost that eel. Never fun to lose fish and coral. Glad to see you back at it and if you go with that new LED. Please post your experience with it. After seeing BRS's recent evaluation of it. It looks very promising for the LED user crowd.

yeah the test they ran. I was loving the results. been playing with my water flow and my nems are bubble tipping again. I will post I pic in a bit. saw that there are a few companies playing with the new Alk Monitor and word that apex might be bringing it to the table!!! no more Swings!!!

It's crazy to think it's under power. I got two drains and it can't keep up. It's got s ton of features but I just use feed mood and manual ramp flow. I will step up to the bigger one in the spring. Thanks I love the scape too I'm so happy it worked it's a lot of weight. Good solid 100lb of rock if not more took 2-3 people to move it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks I'm trying to make doing water changes easier so I do them more often.

7946418e487407e9840cfd51c08e1aed.jpgb2e8716fd56767d30667c22b368fee14.jpg323d116903c34dd7ece5e2058a96623a.jpg

Day after another 40 gal water change. Been doing them weekly to try and combat the cyano and try and get the few acros I have left to stop dying and regrow. Kinda makes me sad.

Alk 9

Cal 380

Mag 1300

Phos .5

Nitrate 0

Nitrite 0

Ammo 0

Salinity 52.9 / 1.026

Edited by Mark Fagundes

Upgrade day!!! Electricians here to give me new outlets for the tank. Trying to clean things up. The tank is getting its own circuit and 6 plugs

bb6ea1822d4089b1c545dd791bfe8ca5.jpg

Totally forgot to post up after the electrician finished it looks great!! Now I just need to re run all my rats nest of wires in to my fish cabinet/shelf. I'm in the middle of doing a bathroom remodel all I'm waiting for is the plumber to come out and move the old lines to the new walls and I can start tiling.

The tank is doing ok. I have been fighting cyano like crazy for like 6-7 months and no sign of it going away. I would like to get a 200gal storage tank so I can make enough water to do a 50% water change with out using every bucket and barrel I have to mix salt. Alk swings have been a prob as well but that's just me not on top of things. The sump, Return pump and skimmer have been Great!! So happy I spent a little extra for the upgrade. Still don't have an Auto top off and think I'm going to pop on a Kessil grow light for the refug. Jason Davis Electric did the work he is out of Oakdale his guys did a great job installed two boxes, fuse block and ran all new wires. He was there requiring my bathroom and installing new plugs lights and fans for my bathroom remodel.So now the tank is its own circuit. I have a crap ton of frags that I need to clear out of the tank that have been there since I started it a year ago now they have over grow the racks so I have no idea how many I have now lol.

I hear you on the cyano and the larger wc issues. I'm batteling a little cyano myself. Finally got a large reactor and some high capacity gfo. Seems to be doing the trick. Its always something in this hobby. If your corals and fish are good your doing a lot right!

I hear ya I haven't had any GFO on the tank for like 5-6 months (brs was out of stock when I bought my carbon and kalkwasser haven't ordered anything since before the holidays) been Pauling with foods for the fish mostly. My sister owns a fish/fishing company and they sell freash seafood and she sends me different stuff that doesn't sell at the markets then I just blend it all up... salmon, whole squid, calamari steaks, shrimp, and cod. You have to be carful with the salmon bc of bones and the amount of oil it contains skimmer goes nuts when I feed it I will pull the filter socks for about an hour or so but the fish colors will pop

Hey Mark. How's that cyano problem?

Alright Mark I'm bumping your thread for you. Lol

You've been called out. We need an update.