Lol. Me too. I have a hermit crab, named dozer, about the size of a German Shepard. Last time he molted I thought for sure he was dead. His molt isn't transparent and felt like a limp body.

LOL yeah its a bit of a Shock finding the First Molt. if you have never had a Shrimp. :lol2:

I've only ever had ghost shrimp so big change from that to this giant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted Image

I experience the joy of hoping and praying that he didn't get eaten by my green spotted puffer when he changed his shell last night to this (which I'm really glad he did this is a much nicer looking shell.)

Posted Image

Top down on the torch coral. I really love this thing. Makes me want more unfortunately I have yet to see any at tropical haven.

Posted Image

Picked up some sort of sps today. Not sure what kind but it was $10 so no big loss if I can't keep it. It was brown in the store but under my lights it's that colour. If it lives so be it. If not. No loss

Actually that was the only way I could get much detail of the coral my phone sucks when taking pics in my tank

Posted Image

A slightly better pic after a ton of figuring out what worked best for pics of that coral

Posted Image

Basically shining a black light spotlight on it No filters just the spotlight

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Starting from when I noticed it until 2 and a half hours later I'm kinda disappointed

That torch you have is awesome! If you ever frag it let me know :)

I'll be sure to let you know. I'd like it to get 5-6 heads before I start fragging the extras just because I want it to be a focal point (and potential clownfish host). Currently it has 2 and I think maybe another starting. Not 100% sure. It's like one of the heads is pinching a part of itself off. Sorta an egg shape with little indents It's by far my favourite coral. Especially for $30 im not gonna complain. I imagine it would look even more amazing under better lights.

Posted Image. Posted Image

Re used the frag plug after sterilising it with peroxide and scalding water Put a couple pieces of the zoanthid that my puffer keeps breaking

Posted Image

New tank additions. Equipment this time. Powerhead.(left side) Uv steriliser (right side)and protein skimmer(giant black thing

I have mixed feelings about the size of the protein skimmer and I'm still tuning it. (And trying to minimise the number of micro bubbles in the water)

Lots of protein skimmers have a break in period where they bubble uncontrollably. This period can last anywhere from 10 minutes to a few weeks.

Emergency. This is the second time this has happened to me. Shortly after my tank finished cycling I got a pair of clownfish. Within a week they got white spots(which I identified as ich or brooklynella). They died within 3 days of me noticing the White spots. I couldn't get them to eat and they wound up starving/succumbing to the parasites Ive had my new pair for 3 weeks now and today I noticed that they've got it again. Nothing else in my tank does. (Or my shrimp has been keeping them clean since everyone but the clowns get cleaned). I don't have the ability to set up a hospital tank and as such im really worried that these aren't going to make it. These ones are still eating for now but I'm not happy about this. Especially since they're one of my favourite fish and I spent $40 on them.

Posted Image

These guys are looking pretty good. Hard to get the true colour in pics though

99dd8167baf4ec5268717aa0034a87d9.jpg

So due to me trusting my dad to pick out a coral (no coral -.-). I have wound up with a sebae anemone (heteractis crispa I believe) I know I'm not really ready but given that ive got 0 ammonia 0 nitrite and 0 nitrate and stronger lights than the store it came from Ive decided to give it a shot. As of putting it in the tank it's still sticky(my shrimp keeps getting his antennae stuck) It's a light tan but not bleached best I can tell. Apparently according to my dad it had an occelaris in it at the store and when the lady grabbed it out the clown didn't want to leave and kept swimming back to it so I'm really hoping it will host mine If it starts to prove to be more than I can handle I may consider giving it away or selling it to someone

Edited by Bradley Pultz

They are not very hard to care for. Alk swings will bother them

I'll be sure to keep that in mind. Hopefully it doesn't prove to be too hard

It'll be fine. It will probably move around your tank until it finds a spot it likes. Just be careful as it may sting corals.

It'll be fine. It will probably move around your tank until it finds a spot it likes. Just be careful as it may sting corals.

Thankfully I don't have very many corals right now