It can absolutely be done. I have a rbta that was already in very poor health when it hit my tank and my tank was only about a week post cycle. Also keep an eye on your powerheads, they don't get along with moving anemones much.

. I've heard the anemone/powerhead horror stories Hopefully I don't face one myself. Last night while I was sleeping it decided it wanted to move and is now hiding in a cave at the back of my tank right on the sand Hopefully it comes back out and sticks to the side of the tank I put it originally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They will come out and get light. They sometimes tend to do that when they are put into a new tank. The anemone should be fine. 

They will come out and get light. They sometimes tend to do that when they are put into a new tank. The anemone should be fine.

That's what I've read so I'm mainly just trying to make sure it doesn't get sucked into the powerhead. But it hasn't ventured to that side of the tank yet

When I first got my rbta it climbed into a hole and didn't show face for a month.

It has now climbed to the top of the rocks. So much for placing it on the sand

The nem keeps doing laps around the tank exploring everywhere. I've had to move my palythoa and torch so it didn't sting them. I thought sebae didn't move too much lol

Posted Image

Evidently it decided it wanted the spot my torch coral was in so I had to move that before it got stung

The royal gramma went carpet surfing through the only hole there was so I replaced it with a banggai Cardinal

The anemone is gone. My friends cousin has it in a qt tank and she's gonna try to save it My puffer decided it didn't like the banggai and decided to eat it alive

Posted ImagePosted Image

I won an awesome rainbow acan with 8heads in a contest on Instagram and got a freebie acan with 3 heads. I'm really happy with them. I wish I could get better pics. And I think I've started an acan addiction.

Posted Image

Up from 8 heads to 10. 5 really big. 3 small ones and 2 baby heads and possibly another baby head I can't tell

Posted ImagePosted Image

I've been playing trying to figure out what lights I like best. And I faced a dilemma The corals fluoresce so much better under blues but they didn't grow well I noticed that when I was without a white bulb for a while When I got a white bulb everything started growing new polyps (except my torch which is still slowly growing but no new heads and my gsp which hasn't grown ANY since I got it as much as I wish it would) I've kind of decided that when it comes time to frag any coral to sell or trade I need to take pics under my blues

My fish look better under the white/ blue than they did under the blue/blue so I suppose that's a plus

Super nice acans!

. Thanks. Those have started an addiction I can already tell. Those have already grown since I got them. And my other ones are healing nicelyPosted Image

Corals always "pop" better under blue lights but the blue for me doesnt offer much for growth. Those second acans look nice. Let me know if you ever decide to frag a few peices off. Tank looks good.

Corals always "pop" better under blue lights but the blue for me doesnt offer much for growth. Those second acans look nice. Let me know if you ever decide to frag a few peices off. Tank looks good.

The purple and green ones? They're just 3 heads right now when I got them one was basically cut in half and another had a big chunk cut out But they were a freebie. Hopefully once they've totally recovered they heal. The rainbow (it lost some color in my tank within a few days and got more red) is growing good though so hopefully that's an indicator. Thanks. It's my experiment and learning tank still can't wait till i rid of the faux coral

So my tiny piece of GSP I have has this annoying algae on it. Sorta hairy but it's the only part of the tank that has it Any tips as to how to get it off without being too rough on the polyps?

peroxide dip... take about 4 cups of tank water and an eye dropper, place coral in the tank water container and add peroxide till some bubbles start to appear every time you add a little more stir the contains. once some bubbles start to roll up let sit for about 3-5 min remove from solution rinse with clean tank water in a separate container then place back in display should take about 2-3 days before it starts to disappear.

Bill the puffer has now died unfortunately. I don't know if I'm going to replace him with another green spotted puffer or something else

So since I last updated my tank has gone through total hell. I think I've got it mostly fixed. My feather duster threw its crown(I was lax on water changes because life was being a hassle). (But it is growing a new one)My larger acan went from 10 heads to two for a reason I haven't determined(the other is doing great. I've since replaced my puffer. My star polyps have basically died (but they haven't really liked my tank since I got them). My clowns laid eggs. But the hermit crab decided he wanted to eat them all. And I think that's everything important besides some new snails and tiny hermits

*sigh*. All of a sudden today I've basically lost one of my prized torch coral heads Everything else was perking up finally and then this happened. The one coral that stayed happen during my episode of tank hell is now all shrunken in and the other polyp is basically falling apart. I'm so stressed and upset. Everything else is finally happy*ish* but honestly they could all die and I'd be fine as long as the torch didn't

Posted Image

The poor thing. Hopefully the one head at least recovers