Sign in to follow this  
Quickgraffix

MY RBTA is pale

for the last month my RBTA is been staying Small and very pale ...plus the tentacles are very stubby with almost no color and is hiding under a rock ledge i have been trying to feed it Silverside for a few weeks i hope it doesn't die i'm very concerned its my favorite Piece can anyone help

How long has the tank been set up?  What are your parameters?  How big is the tank?  What kind of lighting do you have?  Has anything changed recently?  Do you have any pictures?

Edited by frisbee

You want medium flow.

If the anemone were to come out and attach to the rock would he get blasted by a powerhead? Anemones don't want too much flow.

You want medium to high light but give him the option of low light.

If the anemone were to come out and attach to the rock would he be blasted by too much light?

Frisbee asked a lot of important questions that need to be answered because they can affect the reason why your anemone isn't doing good.

Imo if it is on the smaller side I would offer it some mysis or other smaller frozen food, silversides are nice for the larger ones but even then it is a lot of work for the nem to digest imo.

tank has been up for about 2 years the only thing that has changed is that i went to led lights from a old power compact setup that has been running the same lights for close to 4 years but the shrinkage has been happening for some time before that ...thats why i bought LED setup and as for size of Anenome when he was happy he would be about the size of a medium dinner plate 

Mine only shrink up an start moving when I let the tank parameters get to far out of wack, check everything and do a large water change anyways just in case.

i think it doesnt like the light coz i places it into a plastic beta box and now its opening up i think the light is too intense for it...thats probably the large part of it ...hes been chomping on the silverside since i placed him in the box ill dull down the lights via a dimmer switch but well see