Sign in to follow this  
Braver69

CRC Zoa grow out tracking thread

Ok people here is the spot to post monthly updates for the Zoa Grow Out.

All participants must provide monthly updates with photos in the thread created for contest updates by the 7th of each month. First photo will be due 8/07/2015, Winner will be most new heads from what they started with.

The winner for the contest will be asked to write a short write-up about their tank and will receive a $50 gift card to California Reef Company.

The BOD reserves the right to edit these rules at any time by majority vote of the BOD.

This contest will run for 6 months ending 2/07/2016

Good Luck

Edited by ghrowl

You can always give them a dip in revive, that always seemed to work for me if a zoa was staying closed.

I am waiting to the last minute because I think mine are melting. :-(

Are you sure Don? Give them a dip in revive, they were fragged July 5th so they should be ok.

Are you sure Don? Give them a dip in revive, they were fragged July 5th so they should be ok.

I did Keith. I don't think they will make it to the photo deadline. It opens fine when I put it in the tank. They are not happy now at all. Who knows... I will see

Well I guess I will post my pic. It not very happy. One barely open and one shut tight

Posted Image

Here's mine one seems a little annoyed after I moved them but better that than being eaten by the maze. post-541-143899523895_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 heads on this one.

20150807_212206_zpsmc56tgie.jpg

I didn't see the option for a 4 paly frag. :-/

Lol was not a option just happen to be 4, tho based on my normal luck with these grow outs I doubt I will be winning, most likely will forget to post a picture. So far they have looked happy in my frag tank tho.

Of course my polys are starting to look happy on the yesterday and today. I think the next pic will be much better for me.

Mine isn't look to good ... hopefully it pulls through I have it on the sanded now.... was looking great from the start..dont know what happened

I like to poke mine with a sharp stick. It is a science experiment like playing metal music to a plant versus classical... Which will grow more...

I like to poke mine with a sharp stick. It is a science experiment like playing metal music to a plant versus classical... Which will grow more...

the Metal music plants of course.. Mythbusters already did a show on that one, the plants liked the death metal best =)