Salty addiction

PLEASE ADVISE! BTA ripped in half by falling rock!

Help!  My beautiful bi-color  bta got ripped in half by a rock that moved  :(  I have heard if their foot rips they die, so I am praying that will not be his fate!!!!  Is this true??  Is there anything I can do??  My clown is freaking out!  I am so sad!!

Fraid I have not had much luck with them myself. I know they can be cut and forced to split, however with any injury comes the risk of infection, just keep a eye on it and see if it holds together.

Not that I am aware of, but if he starts to melt it can cause problems for a smaller tank. They dont let off any toxin that I am aware of, however they can pollute a small tank so bad it can create a chain reaction of death. At 100 gallons you should be ok unless it's a massive bta. Sadly it's just a kind of wait and see thing, if it starts looking really bad or see pieces start to just fall off, then get it out, otherwise it will probably recover. You may need to separate your clownfish tho if he won't leave it alone.

thank you I will keep a close eye... the clown does not bother him too much in the day...so maybe I will keep the lights on... thank you, again!

Dude! Don't even stress it. I have ripped them to shreds to get nems away from sps and all the tiny pieces grew into new ones. 63337bc3a4ad3146b06aaa81bbae8556.jpg

That's where this came from. It was just a piece flesh from the foot. I cut pieces off the foot to do this artificially. I just cut my Colorado Sunburst in half.

I get sick of all the bs out there about them being SOOO fragile. These things are the toughest creatures I've ever dealt with. Can it die or part of it die? Sure, but I've never had one die and ask the club how many of them have one of my RBTAs.

2ed81f76a35baf362dbfedf962762204.jpg9f459ec6d429fac749ce734715150da9.jpg

I wouldn't cut a $400 nem in half if I wasn't confident of it ability to survive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by planecrazy

They are both on the move in different directions and they are both stringy and elongated... 

I am not sure how to resize the pictures I have attached...

post-260-0-89513800-1442085057_thumb.jpg

post-260-0-00970600-1442085096_thumb.jpg

Edited by Salty addiction

I'm not going to pretend to know much about them, cause I don't. I've never been able to figure out for sure why sometimes they bubble and sometimes they won't. I'm not sure if you saw the thread I started about Colorado Sunburst lighting but that was a variable that surprised me.

One thing I can tell you is that the nems that have always done the best, for me, are the ones that host a clown or two. Those nems heal better and grow a lot faster. They get fed regularly and I'm sure that all the agitation from the fish is beneficial.

By the way, I apologize for calling you dude. I was in a frantic hurry when I wrote that.

ok, so I checked out the sunburst topic.  That's interesting to me because, I have the ecosmart radions gen 1 and have not found a light setting that makes him bubble all the time, however, my nem looks like he starts to bubble around night time lighting.  Do you know anyone successful with these lights?

Again, I'm not sure what causes them to bubble. Stress and water flow were the only factors that seemed to have any consistency. New water/tank, large water change, high flow or moving them from one tank to another was what always triggered bubbling for me, but... I really don't know.

The sunburst were just withering away under the 150 and off and on under the 360. I have no clue why, I just know what has worked for me and try to share that with others in hopes that someone else may have another piece of the puzzle that fits.

Wow, way late on this update.... both sides did great until a recent tank crash.  DO NOT BUY SALT YOU ARE NOT FAMILIAR WITH!

Wow, way late on this update.... both sides did great until a recent tank crash.  DO NOT BUY SALT YOU ARE NOT FAMILIAR WITH!

What salt did you buy?

The lfs was closed so I grabbed some at petsmart or petco... I cant remember what brand but it was not instant ocean or a brand I see at the fish store...  Stupidly, I compromised due to price.  Lesson learned!  I will never compromise again.  I'll wait or get the brand I know!!  My tank is finally recovering!  My frogspawn is coming back, 1 mushroom coming back, 1 ricordea doing ok and thankfully all my fish survived.  I purchased an emerald crab and some hermit crabs about a month ago and they are still doing good...