GVK

Gina's Build - miracles do happen

Thanks guys. Colin, I think they think they need a 90 degree bend in them. I haven't actually seen the destruction since they are being shipped directly to the cabinet maker in Sac.

Thanks Abe. You might not like it as much now that it's painted black. I had some stain issues that ended up turning one of the doors orange. It was just easier to pain it at that point. I still love them though.

Now that the holidays are over, I need to get back on this project (especially before I rip out a bathroom). I need to sand down one door and repaint it after I bunged it up. Then I need to wait a couple weeks and cover the whole thing in varnish so it doesn't scuff easily.

Okay, I finally got the small flange bulkheads I was waiting for. Now, remember all you people that told me to ask if I needed help.....HELP! I suck a plumbing. I can figure out what I need pretty much, I can dry plumb, but the second the glue comes out the whole thing goes FUBAR. Yes, I know what it means and it's a perfect description. I'm going to get the PVC parts tomorrow. Anyone have some time to come help me this month?

I do still need to get the locline. I would like a split on the locline return so I don't know if it's better to get the 1/2 or 3/4. Also, which piece do you buy to trasition from the PVC. I'm having a hard time with the locline because I can't put it together in hand. I haven't found any locally. Anybody that can help me figure out what to order?

Also, any heater suggestions? I think I might be on the home stretch!

I can help you out next week. I also have some 3/4" loc line laying around.

I'd go 3/4" locline cuz you can standardize on same size bulk head and other fittings.

I have lock-line pliers used to assemble units but not take them apart. have some four 3/4" pieces and nozer but no head.

Have 1" slip bulk head and strainer and threaded elbo.

Let me know what other pieces you might need.

Are you running hard pipe or spaflex? Do you have diagram you can post?

Edited by plankton

Thanks for the offer of help Mike! I'll PM you my number.

I haven't gone to buy everything yet which I guess is good since I'm sure you all will have ideas to change this. I'm not sure what locline I need but thanks for all the offers. Scott, do you need the pliers to put it together. Seems like you should just be able to pop it together.

plumbingdiagram.jpg

The conversion from PowerPoint to jpg didn't go so well.

Hey Gina nice to see your nice build progressing. Is the durso in your setup basically going to be an emergency drain like in a Herbie overflow? Also maybe just use gate valves for the skimmer and fuge adjustments instead of ball vales. From what I've been reading the gate valves are easier to adjust and better quality.

Note: I'm trying to figure this out on my tank setup to and am no expert. If you ever need non plumbing tank help just let me know :)

Plumbing is going to have to wait for an order to come in. Evidently you can't just go down to home depot and get a gate valve that will work with saltwater. I'm just going to get one gate valve for the adjustment for the herbie. None of the other ones require fine tuning so I think ball vavles will be fine.

The good news is my sand is coming in today. It's going in the garage but it still feels like progress!

Marius, you're welcome to come down when we do plumb, even as a spectator.

Osh has gate valves. That's where I got them from when I did the gate valve mod.for my old skimmer

PVC? Lowes only had brass which seemed like a bad idea.

Jeff, you're my hero. Picked up the PVC gate valve at orchard.

sounds like the tanks is gonna be awesome, the cabinets look amazing, i just might have to use that guy when i get around to my next upgrade.

Plumbing done! Well almost, Monday the locline comes and I can plumb the in tank return then do a leak test.

Forgive the dirty sump. It's been leak tested once already with unwashed sand in it. Yuck!

d88a79a1.jpg

Looks super good!!! Holy cow! I love how all the colors match too. I really wish I would've incorporated a filter sock/drain box in my sump. So what does each section do from left to right?