Braver69

NVR BAR Grow Out Contest

Yes you heard it folks! For the first time in California reef club history we will be holding a club vs club zoanthid grow-out contest.

BARNVRZoa.png 

Our sister club, Northern Valley Reefers has agreed to have a friendly zoa grow-out with us the Bay Area Reefers!

As the new BAR Vice President.
I am looking forward to 2016 and I see huge improvements and fun events for this club on the horizon. I am so excited and honored to grow out some zoas with one of the finest reef club in Northern California, NVR!

About the Northern Valley Reefers
If you are from the San Joaquin County area or near it, you should definitely be a part of the Northern Valley Reefers! They hold exciting monthly events and fun contests. Every year during the NVR Open/Regional Frag Swap, a couple of us bay area folks drive to stockton to participate in their frag swap and NVR does definitely throw one of the best frag swaps around.

http://nvreefers.org/

Much of the improvements/event ideas I made in 2015 were based off of advice from NVR's President and events/contests that they run.

Hunting for Nice Zoas
I'll be on the prowl for some very nice zoa colonies to start off this epic zoa grow-out contest. So if you (vendor or hobbyist) have a super nice colony of zoas you want to donate/sell for this epic grow-out, send me a private message.

Expected Start Date: February or April 2016. Depending on how busy I am.

1. Algae Farmer
  2. Merith
  3. Box209
  4. Will846
  5. Braver69
  6. RyanM
  7. bbmuteman
  8. Kim Pattison
  9. Wright4941
  10. Ricardooo

This is a copy and paste from their thread at BAR  http://www.bareefers.org/forum/threads/first-time-ever-bar-nvr-zoa-grow-out-contest.18764/ . As we get closer more details will be provided but were looking at 10 spots for each club and a 1 or 2 polyp frag for the grow out. I thought it would be fun to do a club vs club grow out and see if we do in fact grow the best Zoas :blink:

Ok folks this is a live event now. So if you want to join this club vs club battle between NVR and BAR signup here. Contributing members get first rights to a single polyp of Utter Chaos frag. It will be $15 that needs to be sent to treasurer@nvreefers.org as a gift, make sure you include your forum name in the notes on paypal. There are 10 spots total for this event and eternal bragging rights in two clubs if you win :)   Also as a kicker the winner in NVR will get a $50 gift card however if you beat all the BAR guys as well, I will make it $100 gift card to any club sponsor store! 

utterchaosx_1024x1024.jpg?v=1414767695

Count me in will sent $$ as soon as I can teach mom to use my pay pal or as soon as I am more with it. Gotta go make a spot in the nano for this muahahaha

If box is in I'm in. Gotta teach the youngin how to grow coral.

Payment sent

Let's get these spots filled by this weekend. Check out the BAR post. Their filling up their spots. Should be a fun event.

7 hours ago, Ryan M said:

Any idea on frag delivery/pick up date? 

I will let you guys know as soon as possible. Right now he is fragging them up. So expect at least week if not two.

36 minutes ago, Braver69 said:

I will let you guys know as soon as possible. Right now he is fragging them up. So expect at least week if not two.

Sweet, thank you. 

Just a update all the frags are cut and healing, should be ready for pick up soon. Still two spots left for anyone that wants to get in.