Sign in to follow this  
MrDoeback92

Not an Emergency but would like your opinion

I currently live in Tracy but I'm going to be moving to Stockton in about a month.   I have a 90g corner tank and it's been running for about a year an a half now.  idk if I should break down the tank and get ride of my fish and coral and start from the beginning or should I put everything in brute containers and rebuilt the tank the same day.   Or I was also thinking if someone could house the few frags and fish I have for a week or so while I get myself settled in the new house.   

I would just throw it all in a brute or Rubbermaid livestock tank with a heater and skimmer. Skimmer will aerate and provide plenty of filtration. Hang a light if you think it'll take more than 3-4 days to set your tank back up. Watch your sand, it could release a ton of nitrates. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would take any coral that your afraid to loose and either frag it and have a friend hold on to it or give the whole colony to a friend to look after while you move. But I would not be afraid to move things by container, I would just not reuse your sand if you have any.

Id frag a little of each and give to people to hold in promise they give u a peice back. Then try to make the move and try to get thing set up right away. It can be done but id plan "really" well the steps u need to take in order to do so. 30 mins here or there can mean a crash. Good luck.