Salty addiction

Ecotech Radion Lighting schedule

I have a G3 Pro.

Can't give you a success story yet lol. I tried making my own schedule and bleached my coral quick. I switched back to reef radiance and I'm running them at 35% and things are starting to color up again.

Hmm .. I think I may have killed some of mine with trying my own schedule?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Hmm .. I think I may have killed some of mine with trying my own schedule

Ya pretty easy to do that. These Radions are strong.

Hmm.. I will have to do some more research... I thought it was only a bad case of cheap salt that crashed my tank but now I'm wondering if it was a combo of cheap salt and change in lighting intensity... I know salt played a part cause my other tank has some issues as well but at this time I had changed the schedule and intensity of the light too. I guess it's just best to leave it on auto for now.

Try to never changes two or more things at once. I have the Maxspect razor. A few months ago I changed my ramp up (slightly) to match my ramp back down because on paper the asymmetrical curve bothered me. My corals didn't appreciate my ocd nature and they immediately browned out. I changed the curve back to the way it was and all is good, for the coral anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I could go back and do it all over, I would be some sort of marine bio or vet!!

People swear by the radions or hate the radions. Do you recall the brand of salt you used? Was it the Topfin Petsmart brand or the Kordon Sea Salt they sometimes carry?

On 6/9/2016 at 0:00 PM, Ryan M said:

People swear by the radions or hate the radions. Do you recall the brand of salt you used? Was it the Topfin Petsmart brand or the Kordon Sea Salt they sometimes carry?

Sorry for the late reply... I hate to reply without being for sure as I don't want to give something a bad review unless necessary.  I'm still not absolutely sure but I may have been TopFin or TropicMarin...