Ryan M

Ryan M's SC Aquariums 100

Nice build man! Super clean and that clown is dope?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, BDuB said:

Nice build man! Super clean and that clown is dope?

Say wha?!!!!!! A BDuB visit to the forums!!! Sup Bubba?!!!!

Thank you for the kind words! You getting off your arse and setting up that tank anytime soon???

Tank is a year old now. Wish I could say it's going well. Been skimmerless since last winter. Haven't done a water change in months. The detritus in the sump looks like mud :( Lost a lot of SPS in the last few months due to my neglect. Seriously kicked the idea around of just unplugging it and moving on but there's still a little spark in there to keep it running. Maybe with some time....

On 8/1/2017 at 7:00 PM, Ryan M said:

Tank is a year old now. Wish I could say it's going well. Been skimmerless since last winter. Haven't done a water change in months. The detritus in the sump looks like mud :( Lost a lot of SPS in the last few months due to my neglect. Seriously kicked the idea around of just unplugging it and moving on but there's still a little spark in there to keep it running. Maybe with some time....

We can just move it to my house... until I get to busy again and need a break.. then we'll just move it back to yours :) 

We should roll up as a group and hook ryan's tank up with some tlc maint. I just bought a reef only shop vac we can use to get the mud out of the sump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No updates as of yet. Not even a water change :unsure:

Softies and zoas are rocking. And the stronger SPS are thriving while some of the more finicky are or just meh.

Definitely slowly paying more attention to the tank as of late. Now just gotta do something about it. 

Anywho...here's a FTS with all the coralline and its glory hahaha and a couple fish shots. 

IMG_6986-600x400.jpgIMG_6985-600x400.jpgIMG_6984-600x400.jpg

Nice fish shots. Glad to here your paying more attention to it lately. Nice seeing you posting again also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Ryan M said:

No updates as of yet. Not even a water change :unsure:

Softies and zoas are rocking. And the stronger SPS are thriving while some of the more finicky are or just meh.

Definitely slowly paying more attention to the tank as of late. Now just gotta do something about it. 

Anywho...here's a FTS with all the coralline and its glory hahaha and a couple fish shots. 

IMG_6986-600x400.jpgIMG_6985-600x400.jpgIMG_6984-600x400.jpg

Looking good Ryan. I'm glad to see you posting  again brotha. 

Edited by LIL.HoEsAy

This tank is definitely at its lowest point. Just the lack of interest has really taken its toll. Lost all my SPS due to neglect and battling some gnarly algae.

Fish and softies are doing great though. My plan is to take a few days and suction out the current coarse sand. Replace it with new sand and redo the aquascape. Pulling the rocks maybe an inch or more away from the glass as it currently sits.

These are just some things that come to mind. Might just stick with zoas, softies and LPS moving forward. We’ll see...but hey I’m cruising the forum and now posting again. That’s something positive in the right direction lol

3 hours ago, Pumped said:

Glad to see you posting :) 

Thanks brotha. Kinda sickening going into the garage and seeing the bucket full of dead colonies. I really should just throw them away instead of hoarding little keepsakes lol.