Will846

Will's New Cadlights 125 Build

After a couple of attempts I finally have a tank again. It's been a long couple of months waiting for my next setup.

Tank: Cadlights 125 60x24x20

The stand is also the Cadlights stand. They are no longer the MDF wood and was replaced with a maple wood. And they made them taller so this is a 36" tall stand.

Have not purchased a Sump, light, return, rock or sand yet but should be coming along shortly.

Current pic40e633abd099a83bbc728a3111555656.jpg

Any suggestions feel free to post them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh man!!! Tank looks gorgeous Will. Not even gonna ask how much that beauty took out of your wallet. Hahaha

LOL, it was a hard hit but I'm pretty happy with it.

Trying to decide on a Sump. I want something simple. Filter socks, skimmer area and a return area. And I want it white.

Excellent tank choice. Following along closely. Any idea on what gear you're going to run? I'm counting down the days until black friday to see what deals are around. 

Will,

Nice meeting you Saturday an DC Nice pickup I'm a big fan of the Cadlights tanks they make some nice looking tanks. Good luck with your build.

Excellent tank choice. Following along closely. Any idea on what gear you're going to run? I'm counting down the days until black friday to see what deals are around. 

I'm trying to wait also. Lol

I've been looking at the Pacific Sun Diuna T5 fixture.

Still back and forth on which return I want to run.

Will,

Nice meeting you Saturday an DC Nice pickup I'm a big fan of the Cadlights tanks they make some nice looking tanks. Good luck with your build.

Ya, nice to meet you also. Always nice to put a picture to the name. I'm pretty stoked with the tank so far.

Nice looking tank! What light are you going with?

I'm thinking the Pacific Sun Diuna T5 fixture.

They make nice lamps Will. They are great if you dont have a controller as well since you can program it without one. You can even use your cell phone as well.

That is a sleek looking fixture. Looks like the t5 club is growing!

Ya I've noticed that too. I've had my fair share with LED's. Not saying LED's don't grow coral but definitely prefer T5's. I want a white fixture to match the stand. Trying to keep it as clean as possible.

2 hours ago, Will846 said:

Ya I've noticed that too. I've had my fair share with LED's. Not saying LED's don't grow coral but definitely prefer T5's. I want a white fixture to match the stand. Trying to keep it as clean as possible.

I feel you on the t5's and wanting a matching fixture. I'll be interested to see what you think of this fixture if you snag it.  I didn't even know it was an option until now. Good to know.

This build is going to be sick! Yeah man...you already know I'm camp t5 still.

Are you still planning to go heavy SPS with this tank? Calcium Reactor dosed?

This build is going to be sick! Yeah man...you already know I'm camp t5 still.

Are you still planning to go heavy SPS with this tank? Calcium Reactor dosed?

Ya man. Heavy sps is the plan for this tank. Going CaRx. Already got the Geo 618 ready to go with a electronic gas plants carbon doser.

Hell yeah man! That's awesome. I'm really thinking about just kicking the doser and going CaRX myself as my build is still in the early phase.

Hell yeah man! That's awesome. I'm really thinking about just kicking the doser and going CaRX myself as my build is still in the early phase.

It's my first time running a CaRX. In my opinion from the research I've done I think it will be a bit more stable then a runnning a doser. But like I said it is my first time running one. Hope it works out.

I've never ran one myself either. Always been safe with 2 part with decent results. I wouldn't say successful because I've never kept a tank up longer than 3 years. Always switching or getting out Hahahah. 

But talking with a lot of people in the years that run heavy SPS. Most will say CaRX is the way to go after a certain threshold is met. 2 part can only get you so far before you're almost dosing all day 24/7 just to keep up with demand.

But the Aquarium Plants Regulator seems to be the go to regulator these days. Paired with that Geo reactor and I'm thinking you'll go with Reborn? Sounds like a solid system. I already know you're vested in the Neptune system so you're gonna be good! Excited to see you get this going.

Hurry up and set that up I got some heat waiting for you f8fb3c625bc2fd5f7a4505a3fea995b7.jpgf80e1fb7954334ecc0811f2b904b5886.jpg

Damn. It takes me buying a new tank to see some pics of my coral. Lol

How fast does that mushroom grow?

Their really good growers for me and Alex. They grew a little better for me under t5's then LED's.

How fast does that mushroom grow?

oct 29 2015

6dfbf4c31f0ba4e6d2b589a54e7d562b.jpg

And a horrible pic as of last night 6212dbf569a13917bbf38417f03f91f7.jpg