Will846

Will's New Cadlights 125 Build

I would be too worried about a blockage occuring at the y connection reducing drain flow too much and causing a flood. But if your running a slow return pump flow it should be fine. I would feel better doing a t connection of some kind so that in case of a blockage one drain still functions.

I would rather have one big drain pipe. I'm probably paranoid, and I've never designed a silent drain. I'm not sure how noisy this would be vs the 2 smaller drains.

Maybe someone who has run a drain split can chime in.

Beautiful tank and beautiful setup. Definitely baller status.

Hey how's it going Vince? Please tell me your starting to get the itch again. Lol

Ya I'm pretty happy with it and the equipment I've been picking out. Couple more pieces and this bad boy will be ready for water.

5 hours ago, Will846 said:

Hey how's it going Vince? Please tell me your starting to get the itch again. Lol

Ya I'm pretty happy with it and the equipment I've been picking out. Couple more pieces and this bad boy will be ready for water.

The itch has always been there, just not the time. I was over at Jeff's place the other day, and I was so tempted to take one of his tank, but end up passing on it.

The itch has always been there, just not the time. I was over at Jeff's place the other day, and I was so tempted to take one of his tank, but end up passing on it.

Just give in brotha, I'll hook it up with a nice welcome back frag pack. Well once I get all my coral back from Alex.

8 hours ago, Will846 said:

Just give in brotha, I'll hook it up with a nice welcome back frag pack. Well once I get all my coral back from Alex.

Same here! Frag pack of whatever is in my tank for ya Vince! Just say the word hahaha

3 hours ago, Ryan M said:

Same here! Frag pack of whatever is in my tank for ya Vince! Just say the word hahaha

Thanks Ryan, and this is why I love this hobby. I'm not sure if I miss the hobby or the people of this hobby. 

Working on the scape a bit. Any recommendations 6c6874cfb86e8350eb974305bd706750.jpg

I like it 

Thanks Jeff. Looks small but that cutout it's on is the size of my tank.

Looks pretty good. I don't think I would ever try to offer suggestions on scaping. It never looks as good in a picture as real life. Cameras just don't pick up the details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks pretty good. I don't think I would ever try to offer suggestions on scaping. It never looks as good in a picture as real life. Cameras just don't pick up the details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Brandon. I agree. I've been trying to get a pic that shows everything but just can't get it. Pretty happy with it. Going to add some small pieces but this is the main structure so far.

I think its pretty nice. Only thing I see is maybe the little support piece in the back seems a little wierd. Maybe add a little more rock there. Its a well done scape.

I think its pretty nice. Only thing I see is maybe the little support piece in the back seems a little wierd. Maybe add a little more rock there. Its a well done scape.

It's their for support tell I emaco it all together. But good catch. Going to add a little to the right side also. Think it needs a little love.

Thanks for the recommendation bro

Finally put my big boy pants on and drilled my tank for the Elite Aquatics overflow. Talk about stressful but it was a success. Huge thanks to my boy Alex (Box209) for the help. I'm sure he's stoked that we don't have to move the tank again.

9b972546bc38194842826d5351d94028.jpg2b3c32785819bfb4a8ca7eecbb953ffa.jpg

Next up is plumbing.

Dang well done. Thats a thick tank to drill. Not to mention a spendy one. Have a beer and relax now. Tank is drilled and in place. Thats a big hurdle.

No joke. I was sweating the hole time.

I'm thinking some crown and coke. Probably plumb tomorrow.

Got some free time so I'm working on plumbing this monster. Any recommendations appreciated. Dry fitting for now. Going to sleep on it before I glue tomorrow. 1be5c9d982c2b285b2ddb4bd59c8188f.jpg

Looks good/ clean to me. Why no gate on the third drain vs the other 2 and why does the return need a gate with your varios adjustable pump?

The third drain is a emergency drain. I have 2 returns going to the tank. One on each side plus I'm running a manifold for my reactors so just wanted the additional control.