Will846

Will's New Cadlights 125 Build

Dude, i'm so sorry to hear that. I wish I could come up with an idea to fix it, but i'm no expert. I've cracked a tank drilling it so I understand how your feeling right now. Just try and ride it out and you will be back on track before you know it.

Maybe it would cost less to have someone replace the back? Keith Grandt is a bad ass local builder. I'm sure he could fix it up.

Ya man. I'm so bummed out. Luckily I was home to hear the water drip. The black stuff Cadlights use on the back was the only thing holding the water in. I was able to get it all out with out any damage to the house. Thank god.

So sorry to hear this. I wanted to see the progress you were making. Hopefully it won't be to long of a set back.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

So sorry to hear this. I wanted to see the progress you were making. Hopefully it won't be to long of a set back.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hope not to long. The wife is being pretty cool about it. I think she realizes how much time and effort I put into this build.

I'm looking into ordering a new tank but with the holes drilled factory.

Did it crack from the hole up to the top or in between the 2 holes?

It cracked from one of the holes in the middle all the way down to the right corner on the bottom.

It cracked from one of the holes in the middle all the way down to the right corner on the bottom.

Man thats crazy. I wouldn't never expect that. Thank god it didn't flood your house. A tank is nothing compared to that amount of damage.

Man thats crazy. I wouldn't never expect that. Thank god it didn't flood your house. A tank is nothing compared to that amount of damage.

Ya. If that happened I don't think the wife would be so open to getting another new tank. lol

Damn that sucks... On a positive note at least it happened now before you had fish and corals in there.

That's true. On another note if you decide to go with Cadlights I might have a stand for you.

Dang bro! Here I was reading this getting all happy for ya! Ugh, that sucks!

Dang bro! Here I was reading this getting all happy for ya! Ugh, that sucks!

Ya bro I was stoked about this build. Hopefully I find a tank to replace it soon.

Wow!! That sucks so bad. I can only imagine the disappointment you fell. Thankfully it didn't flood the house. Hope you can get back on track soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow!! That sucks so bad. I can only imagine the disappointment you fell. Thankfully it didn't flood the house. Hope you can get back on track soon.

I'm getting price quotes now. But ordering a tank pre drilled makes it custom. And the prices sky rocket. Hopefully I find something soon.

Sucks coming home to a package that has another piece of equipment you ordered for your cracked tank. Talk about depressing. f01248c6957f1536619b4ce0dc960358.jpg

I'm sorry to see this Will. The reefing gods are testing your resolve. Thank goodness there was no damage to the house.

I'm sorry to see this Will. The reefing gods are testing your resolve. Thank goodness there was no damage to the house.

Thanks Gina. Trying to stay patient and look for another tank. Probably going to custom order something. Just need to save up again.

That sucks Will, at least no damage to the house. That is the main reason I refused to drill my tank, just afraid of it failing like that. I hope you find something you want and at a good price as well.

I'm not sure anyone is still around but I was wondering how you plugged up the holes that were already drilled in the tank?

I'm not sure anyone is still around but I was wondering how you plugged up the holes that were already drilled in the tank?

I ordered a piece of 1/2” glass from a local glass shop. Then siliconed the piece over the holes.

OK cool! I have a cadlight 125 and I hate the funky bulkhead sizes. I was thinking about doing what you did but I wasnt sure how to deal with the holes that were there.

IMG_1247 - Copy.JPG

OK cool! I have a cadlight 125 and I hate the funky bulkhead sizes. I was thinking about doing what you did but I wasnt sure how to deal with the holes that were there.

5a5e64fb5824e_IMG_1247-Copy.thumb.JPG.2fe7f9abed0b798770a641e81e0c4186.JPG

I still have that overflow if your interested in purchasing it. Also if you tank the tank you can cut the glass piece I purchased to cover the holes. Shoot me a pm if your interested.

What happened to your tank in the end? Any updates?

What happened to your tank in the end? Any updates?

It cracked. Had to break it down. I still have it but the back glass needs to be replaced.