Sign in to follow this  
purebred166

hello all

Nice, where do you live? What kind of equipment are you running on your tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It a starfire 180 show tank,running 250w mhs,old school neptune controller. I had my favoritefish die 3 years ago.and i kind of lost interest after a small crash. Then lights went bad had a couple pumps go out. So tank just sat there doing its own thing. Changed th= lights did a water change add new gfo ran for a week and tested water and it was perfect.  I guess automation helps. $o im slowly starting to stock it back up. Although i still have a bunch of Kenya trees in there.....and alot of algea. But thats going away.

As far as the club im glad to see its still going. I was one of the first group of members. So its good to be back here.

Edited by purebred166

Nice... welcome to the club. Can't wait to see some pics.

Edited by favio

Still have some gha. But its going away. Im fighting with ph swings right now with not having any  chaeto. In due time it will come around

20170115_195503.jpg

Edited by purebred166

Keep working on that algae battle and you will get it won. It is always one of the hardest battles in a tank. As for the PH swings dont chase it too much, this time of year it's normal for the ph to get lower. As long as ph is not dropping below 7.5 I would not worry about it.

Im thinking maybe 2 more weeks and it should be gone. Ph probe turned out to be bad so dont think it was a problem. But i need to get my fuge up and going to keep swings down. 

On Wed Jan 18 2017 at 5:17 PM, purebred166 said:

It a starfire 180 show tank,running 250w mhs,old school neptune controller. I had my favoritefish die 3 years ago.and i kind of lost interest after a small crash. Then lights went bad had a couple pumps go out. So tank just sat there doing its own thing. Changed th= lights did a water change add new gfo ran for a week and tested water and it was perfect.  I guess automation helps. $o im slowly starting to stock it back up. Although i still have a bunch of Kenya trees in there.....and alot of algea. But thats going away.

As far as the club im glad to see its still going. I was one of the first group of members. So its good to be back here.

Any upgrade plans?  What was your favorite fish?