Will846

Will's Reefer 170

Alright I gave in on the wait for the big tank and decided to setup a small tank to house my coral addiction tell my new tank is complete.

I picked up a Reefer 170 and I'll keep the components that came factory with it for the time being.

I added some Cadlights lamp trees to support the biggest addition I made.

Ordered the ATI Dimmable Sunpower 6x24. It comes in tomorrow and I can't wait to get it over the tank.

For the skimmer I picked up a Vertex 130 from my buddy Joe Basco.

Currently working on the rock scape as we speak but wanted to share my progress with the club.

Can't wait to get this tank running. Been far to long with out a running tank.

7140c58d15a8c901500acc817f74bff4.jpg47655116712aebe29bd78cb9277d9e8e.jpgdc1d947304d721b79a59950bb9b64494.jpg80c98cc440f29a57ad75848c6bfea13a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Need the emaco?

I have a little bit ya. You home?

Awesome Will can't wait to see this thing wet. I have clicked on the notify me buttom.

19 minutes ago, Will846 said:

Alright I gave in on the wait for the big tank and decided to setup a small tank to house my coral addiction tell my new tank is complete.

I picked up a Reefer 170 and I'll keep the components that came factory with it for the time being.

I added some Cadlights lamp trees to support the biggest addition I made.

Ordered the ATI Dimmable Sunpower 6x24. It comes in tomorrow and I can't wait to get it over the tank.

For the skimmer I picked up a Vertex 130 from my buddy Joe Basco.

Currently working on the rock scape as we speak but wanted to share my progress with the club.

Can't wait to get this tank running. Been far to long with out a running tank.

7140c58d15a8c901500acc817f74bff4.jpg47655116712aebe29bd78cb9277d9e8e.jpgdc1d947304d721b79a59950bb9b64494.jpg80c98cc440f29a57ad75848c6bfea13a.jpg

Nice pick up bro. Can't wait to see the fire you are going to put in that bad boy. 

Should be a fun build. Following along.

Gene showing his face on NVR. That's awesome. Do me a favor and post up some pics of your new build.

Gene showing his face on NVR. That's awesome. Do me a favor and post up some pics of your new build.

Ha yeah your build just popped up on my feed so figured I'd post and say hello.
I'll get a thread up tomorrow. Thought it might be weird to post here since it's a local group but happy to be a part of the community.

I'll get a thread up tomorrow. Thought it might be weird to post here since it's a local group but happy to be a part of the community.

Gene your always welcome around here even though your gone. Your builds, photos and videos are awesome. And I know others appreciate them also.

2 minutes ago, WrongGenotype said:

Nice to see you back on the forum Gene. it's not weird we still consider you a local. 

48 minutes ago, WrongGenotype said:

Should be a fun build. Following along.

Great to see you in here Gene..... (do you have any buttmunchers) 

1 hour ago, LIL.HoEsAy said:

Nice pick up bro. Can't wait to see the fire you are going to put in that bad boy. 

Did you see his new tiny frag tank on the floor next to it.

1 minute ago, favio said:

lol, yup

That's the sump Roots. Get it straight.

37 minutes ago, Will846 said:

That's the sump Roots. Get it straight.

LoL.  He will stand there all day looking at it too 😂

Now I have to work on buying the piece of coral without staring at it and having Alex grab it out from under me.

2 hours ago, LIL.HoEsAy said:

Nice to see you back on the forum Gene. it's not weird we still consider you a local. 

1 hour ago, ROOTS said:

Thanks guys. Glad to be back. No buttmunchers Don. Haven't had them for a while. None in the area ehh?

Thanks guys. Glad to be back. No buttmunchers Don. Haven't had them for a while. None in the area ehh?

Don I'll find some. Then make you wait tell I grow them out. Hahahahaaa

15 minutes ago, WrongGenotype said:

Haha Gene I only said that because on the store tour like 3 years ago down by the San Francisco Airport. I don't remember the name of the store, but I was waiting forever to buy a frag only to be told by the shop owner that you bought them all. Then I found out they all melted. Haha. 

I stood in front of that trag tank for 25 min just to hear no you can't have one.

13 minutes ago, Will846 said:

Don I'll find some. Then make you wait tell I grow them out. Hahahahaaa

That's typical... haha

16 minutes ago, ROOTS said:

Haha Gene I only said that because on the store tour like 3 years ago down by the San Francisco Airport. I don't remember the name of the store, but I was waiting forever to buy a frag only to be told by the shop owner that you bought them all. Then I found out they all melted. Haha. 

I stood in front of that trag tank for 25 min just to hear no you can't have one.

Bahaha. Sorry man. Now that you mention it I do remember. The thing was I only got a single polyp frag. Think that was when they weren't even named buttmunchers yet. They never did anything for me and ended up melting. Can't remember if it was Top Notch or that shop in Belemont that closed down.

Edited by WrongGenotype

Bahaha. Sorry man. Now that you mention it I do remember. The thing was I only got a single polyp frag. Think that was when they weren't even named buttmunchers yet. They never did anything for me and ended up melting. Can't remember if it was Top Notch or that shop in Belemont that closed down.

It was the one in belemont. I remember when this happened. Don stood their for like 40 mins then found out they already where sold. Lol

Still playing with the rock. Think it might be to short. What does everyone think?4ded2f9ca628ca8693c9699039976a28.jpge99e581a7d36ddd6b71c0e90bf237c24.jpg48ad67aeffcb4fa66dee886d6600396c.jpg

21 minutes ago, Will846 said:

Still playing with the rock. Think it might be to short. What does everyone think?4ded2f9ca628ca8693c9699039976a28.jpge99e581a7d36ddd6b71c0e90bf237c24.jpg48ad67aeffcb4fa66dee886d6600396c.jpg

Nice, I need you to come over and do my rock work.

Looks good. Could go a little higher but imo it's nice to have the room for growth.

That's my thought exactly. Working on trying to raise it now.