Jump to content
Will846

Will's Reefer 170

Recommended Posts

Alright I gave in on the wait for the big tank and decided to setup a small tank to house my coral addiction tell my new tank is complete.

 

I picked up a Reefer 170 and I'll keep the components that came factory with it for the time being.

 

I added some Cadlights lamp trees to support the biggest addition I made.

 

Ordered the ATI Dimmable Sunpower 6x24. It comes in tomorrow and I can't wait to get it over the tank.

 

For the skimmer I picked up a Vertex 130 from my buddy Joe Basco.

 

Currently working on the rock scape as we speak but wanted to share my progress with the club.

 

Can't wait to get this tank running. Been far to long with out a running tank.

 

7140c58d15a8c901500acc817f74bff4.jpg47655116712aebe29bd78cb9277d9e8e.jpgdc1d947304d721b79a59950bb9b64494.jpg80c98cc440f29a57ad75848c6bfea13a.jpg

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Need the emaco?


I have a little bit ya. You home?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome Will can't wait to see this thing wet. I have clicked on the notify me buttom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Will846 said:

 

Alright I gave in on the wait for the big tank and decided to setup a small tank to house my coral addiction tell my new tank is complete.

 

I picked up a Reefer 170 and I'll keep the components that came factory with it for the time being.

 

I added some Cadlights lamp trees to support the biggest addition I made.

 

Ordered the ATI Dimmable Sunpower 6x24. It comes in tomorrow and I can't wait to get it over the tank.

 

For the skimmer I picked up a Vertex 130 from my buddy Joe Basco.

 

Currently working on the rock scape as we speak but wanted to share my progress with the club.

 

Can't wait to get this tank running. Been far to long with out a running tank.

 

7140c58d15a8c901500acc817f74bff4.jpg47655116712aebe29bd78cb9277d9e8e.jpgdc1d947304d721b79a59950bb9b64494.jpg80c98cc440f29a57ad75848c6bfea13a.jpg

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Nice pick up bro. Can't wait to see the fire you are going to put in that bad boy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Should be a fun build. Following along.


Gene showing his face on NVR. That's awesome. Do me a favor and post up some pics of your new build.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Gene showing his face on NVR. That's awesome. Do me a favor and post up some pics of your new build.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Ha yeah your build just popped up on my feed so figured I'd post and say hello.
I'll get a thread up tomorrow. Thought it might be weird to post here since it's a local group but happy to be a part of the community.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Ha yeah your build just popped up on my feed so figured I'd post and say hello.
I'll get a thread up tomorrow. Thought it might be weird to post here since it's a local group but happy to be a part of the community.


Gene your always welcome around here even though your gone. Your builds, photos and videos are awesome. And I know others appreciate them also.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WrongGenotype said:

 


Ha yeah your build just popped up on my feed so figured I'd post and say hello.
I'll get a thread up tomorrow. Thought it might be weird to post here since it's a local group but happy to be a part of the community.

 

Nice to see you back on the forum Gene. it's not weird we still consider you a local. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, WrongGenotype said:

Should be a fun build. Following along.

Great to see you in here Gene..... (do you have any buttmunchers) 

1 hour ago, LIL.HoEsAy said:

Nice pick up bro. Can't wait to see the fire you are going to put in that bad boy. 

Did you see his new tiny frag tank on the floor next to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, favio said:

Great to see you in here Gene..... (do you have any buttmunchers) 

Did you see his new tiny frag tank on the floor next to it.

lol, yup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Did you see his new tiny frag tank on the floor next to it.


That's the sump Roots. Get it straight.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Will846 said:

 


That's the sump Roots. Get it straight.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

LoL.  He will stand there all day looking at it too 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now I have to work on buying the piece of coral without staring at it and having Alex grab it out from under me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LIL.HoEsAy said:

Nice to see you back on the forum Gene. it's not weird we still consider you a local. 

 

1 hour ago, ROOTS said:

Great to see you in here Gene..... (do you have any buttmunchers) 

Thanks guys. Glad to be back. No buttmunchers Don. Haven't had them for a while. None in the area ehh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thanks guys. Glad to be back. No buttmunchers Don. Haven't had them for a while. None in the area ehh?


Don I'll find some. Then make you wait tell I grow them out. Hahahahaaa


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, WrongGenotype said:

 

Thanks guys. Glad to be back. No buttmunchers Don. Haven't had them for a while. None in the area ehh?

Haha Gene I only said that because on the store tour like 3 years ago down by the San Francisco Airport. I don't remember the name of the store, but I was waiting forever to buy a frag only to be told by the shop owner that you bought them all. Then I found out they all melted. Haha. 

I stood in front of that trag tank for 25 min just to hear no you can't have one.

13 minutes ago, Will846 said:

 


Don I'll find some. Then make you wait tell I grow them out. Hahahahaaa


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

That's typical... haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ROOTS said:

Haha Gene I only said that because on the store tour like 3 years ago down by the San Francisco Airport. I don't remember the name of the store, but I was waiting forever to buy a frag only to be told by the shop owner that you bought them all. Then I found out they all melted. Haha. 

I stood in front of that trag tank for 25 min just to hear no you can't have one.

Bahaha. Sorry man. Now that you mention it I do remember. The thing was I only got a single polyp frag. Think that was when they weren't even named buttmunchers yet. They never did anything for me and ended up melting. Can't remember if it was Top Notch or that shop in Belemont that closed down.

Edited by WrongGenotype

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bahaha. Sorry man. Now that you mention it I do remember. The thing was I only got a single polyp frag. Think that was when they weren't even named buttmunchers yet. They never did anything for me and ended up melting. Can't remember if it was Top Notch or that shop in Belemont that closed down.

It was the one in belemont. I remember when this happened. Don stood their for like 40 mins then found out they already where sold. Lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still playing with the rock. Think it might be to short. What does everyone think?4ded2f9ca628ca8693c9699039976a28.jpge99e581a7d36ddd6b71c0e90bf237c24.jpg48ad67aeffcb4fa66dee886d6600396c.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Will846 said:

Still playing with the rock. Think it might be to short. What does everyone think?4ded2f9ca628ca8693c9699039976a28.jpge99e581a7d36ddd6b71c0e90bf237c24.jpg48ad67aeffcb4fa66dee886d6600396c.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice, I need you to come over and do my rock work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Looks good. Could go a little higher but imo it's nice to have the room for growth.

That's my thought exactly. Working on trying to raise it now.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×