I currently have the Tunze 6095 in my 125g and I'm really thinking about switching to the mp40qd as that's all I see people using these days. Would I see better flow/patterns with them or am I just being stupid? Please advise, thanks guys!! 

I currently have the Tunze 6095 in my 125g and I'm really thinking about switching to the mp40qd as that's all I see people using these days. Would I see better flow/patterns with them or am I just being stupid? Please advise, thanks guys!! 

I’ve never ran a tunze mainly because I don’t like seeing electrical cords in my display.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you just running a single Tunze? I'm a fan of both companies but definitely prefer Ecotech's over the Tunze if it came down to picking one over another.

I have 2 of the 6095's, 1 on each side middle and top of tank. Does anyone have the maxspect gyre's? I'm really thinking about getting a couple 250's and trying those. 

I'm sure the ecotechs are nice but they are just so much money, I guess you get what you pay for though. I like my ecotech lights and those weren't cheap either. 

Edited by djray77

So I have 2x xf250's in the tank and Holy these are strong! I can't put them past 10% without blowing the skin of the corals! What do I do now?? 

So I have 2x xf250's in the tank and Holy these are strong! I can't put them past 10% without blowing the skin of the corals! What do I do now?? 

Where did you place them?

I have one on each end like this. 

4e7542900c0123eb35ff4d51a457a878.jpg4460657028dad407a4779a6457c7c2f7.jpg

Edited by djray77

I've ran both and would run the 6095 over the older Mp40's but the quiet drives are nice. I run one Gyre and one MP40 QD on a 120 and it's good. But, I'm going to replace the gyre and just go with 2 QD's. Good luck, flow is always the element that is the toughest to get down depending on livestock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk