Jump to content
Will846

Future of NVR

Recommended Posts

Need everyone’s input.

 

Unfortunately no one has stepped up and the club has reached a crossroad of what’s next. With no Board I don’t see the club paying the $600+ a year to keep the forum running.

 

Pumped and Arron where interested but didn’t want to take the club on alone. They had hoped others would join them. If anyone is interested post here.

 

If nobody steps up we have to decide what’s next.

 

1. Fall back to reef central and pay whatever we need to make it happen. This would save us from paying the $600+ for the forum every year. Downside we loose all the info from the NVR forum.

 

2. Close the forum down completely and go the Facebook route.

 

3. Leave the club how it is now until the money runs out.

 

If you have any suggestions please post here.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sad to see, but it seems as the club via this forum has hit the end of the trail.with so many clubs, and sites on Facebook being free it’s tough to get people to actually join and pay dues.
I guess as a long time member , who met a lot of great people and learned a great deal with this group I would have to say it’s probably time for NVR to go


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2019 at 5:40 PM, Neil said:

Sad to see, but it seems as the club via this forum has hit the end of the trail.with so many clubs, and sites on Facebook being free it’s tough to get people to actually join and pay dues.
I guess as a long time member , who met a lot of great people and learned a great deal with this group I would have to say it’s probably time for NVR to goemoji17.png


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think its the fee. It's only $20. For some reason there is no activity here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I don't think its the fee. It's only $20. For some reason there is no activity here.


I don’t think it’s the membership either. It’s more of the lack of interested people. The board ask what the members want for events. The board does it and no one shows. Makes it hard on the board to keep pushing.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe some kind of advertising is needed. Post on Craigslist, the various Facebook groups. Stop at the local sponsors make sure tha5 they have there NVR poster up and visible. Need to bring in a new crowd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maybe some kind of advertising is needed. Post on Craigslist, the various Facebook groups. Stop at the local sponsors make sure tha5 they have there NVR poster up and visible. Need to bring in a new crowd.


We purchased and posted new posters at the sponsors, posted on all Facebook pages, offered gift cards to our sponsored stores to contributing members that showed up.

But still the same people show up.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maybe some kind of advertising is needed. Post on Craigslist, the various Facebook groups. Stop at the local sponsors make sure tha5 they have there NVR poster up and visible. Need to bring in a new crowd.


But at the same time the current BOD that’s been here for the past 3 years is beat. And we think it’s time for someone else to give it a try. Maybe a new board with new ideas will do the trick.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, eddie209 said:

I don't think its the fee. It's only $20. For some reason there is no activity here.

 

42 minutes ago, eddie209 said:

I don't think its the fee. It's only $20. For some reason there is no activity here.

I agree that the $20 isn’t the issue, that being said I don’t know the last time I contributed the $20.

 I know CVR automatically deduct last $20 for that membership that I have

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Will846 said:

 


But at the same time the current BOD that’s been here for the past 3 years is beat. And we think it’s time for someone else to give it a try. Maybe a new board with new ideas will do the trick.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

I agree some fresh blood and ideas are needed. I would volunteer, but I’m in twain Harte now and that’s sure not easy for meetings and such

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only logged in to say this lol. Go the Facebook route...it's really the only chance for the group to survive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Phizzle said:

I only logged in to say this lol. Go the Facebook route...it's really the only chance for the group to survive.

👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Suggestions: Facebook and Instagram. Lots of people already have it on their phones. People like scrolling down to see new posts rather than searching. 

Quarterly frag swap (not like the yearly frag swap where people bring in corals and put on a table): Invite sponsors, bring in other vendors. Kinda like a mini RAP. Gives time to plan.

I would recommend someone familiar with event planning to be on the BOD. And someone who is social media savvy. 

I only bring this up cause there's a guy in my area who plans events called Texas coral fest and brings in legit vendors.

Just get ideas from what other FB pages are doing to get people engaged. If going the FB route, try to keep the people interested in joining local. You can set up questions for people to answer prior to requesting to join to keep the unwanted people out.

It was fun back in the day when I was on the BOD. Not sure what has happened in the last few years to get to this point but I think changing the platform is the first step in getting nvreefers back to being fun again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Phizzle said:

Suggestions: Facebook and Instagram. Lots of people already have it on their phones. People like scrolling down to see new posts rather than searching. 

Quarterly frag swap (not like the yearly frag swap where people bring in corals and put on a table): Invite sponsors, bring in other vendors. Kinda like a mini RAP. Gives time to plan.

I would recommend someone familiar with event planning to be on the BOD. And someone who is social media savvy. 

I only bring this up cause there's a guy in my area who plans events called Texas coral fest and brings in legit vendors.

Just get ideas from what other FB pages are doing to get people engaged. If going the FB route, try to keep the people interested in joining local. You can set up questions for people to answer prior to requesting to join to keep the unwanted people out.

It was fun back in the day when I was on the BOD. Not sure what has happened in the last few years to get to this point but I think changing the platform is the first step in getting nvreefers back to being fun again.

Great suggestions!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s sad to think that this forum will close down. I will definitely miss the wealth of information on here. Even though I no longer have a tank or even see myself getting another one, I still enjoy going back  through old build threads. Thank you Will and the rest of the BOD for sticking with it so long. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×